The flow of this event will be as follows:
1. RSVP using the registration form.
2. We will send you an email so that you can prepare your own materials and tools for the event.
3. Purchase or make Mugi (barley) koji. You may be able to buy it at your local store or make your own. If necessary, we will connect you to koji advisors in your local area. You can purchase them from the Koji Advisors.
4. On the day before the event – soak chickpeas in water for the next day.
5. Start boiling chickpeas about an hour before the event, so that chickpeas are properly boiled by the time Zoom starts.
6. Join the Zoom and make miso together!
7. Let it ferment for 3 to 4 months
*If you cannot attend the Zoom on the day of the event, later we will send you a video of how to make it, so that you can watch it and try making it yourself.
*If you are not able to get the ingredients on the day of the event, you can still participate in the Zoom. Enjoy the miso talk with everyone.
Questions? Please feel free to contact me anytime!
The Koji Academy Canada
Japanese Koji Fermentation Village – Facebook commumity group page
Please register from here:
Here is Zoom link for March 19:
Topic: Mugi(barley) Miso Making Event!
Time: Mar 19, 2022 04:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 896 7514 9049